Thread: Triggering (Bullying): news reports of a grandma being bullied????
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
courtneylove321 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Courtney

Points: 7,663, Level: 12 Points: 7,663, Level: 12 Points: 7,663, Level: 12

news reports of a grandma being bullied???? - June 21st 2012, 11:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So i was watching the news today and a report came on about a grandmother, who is a school bus aid, being bullied by middle schoolers. The terrible 10 minute video was on youtube, not sure if it is anymore, but i had the chance to watch it. These kids bullied her to tears, and me to tears also. Watching it and hearing about it made me sick. How can people bully others, let alone a elderly woman?! Famous role model Ellen DeGeneres talked about bullying on her show today and a new movie, Bully, that came out a couple months ago. It is no longer playing in theaters because it was for a limited time, but it is said to be coming out on DVD soon. The rating used to be R, meaning no one under 17 could see it. What is the point of that? The target date-base, middle schoolers and high schoolers, werent even able to see it! After a petition was started, over half a million people signed it, and now it has been changed to PG-13, which allows younger kids to see it. Bullying is not right and I could never understand how bullying makes anyone feel any better... I hope this movie is released on DVD soon because I am definately going to purchase a copy.