View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chaos Theory Offline
Knowledge will truimph.
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,234, Level: 15 Points: 11,234, Level: 15 Points: 11,234, Level: 15

Re: I cheated on my girlfriend with my bestfriends girlfriend - July 5th 2012, 06:08 AM

Tell you what.

My girlfriend cheated on me and we are still together; although our relationship is on fragile terms. The wound she left in my heart is still festering and gives me pause everytime I think of her. Once you break someone's trust, you can't repair it completely- she will always be wary of you. It seems she initiated the encounter- yet there is absolutely no excuse for your behavior and your girlfriend is rightfully angry at you. Yet she decided to stay with you and give you a second chance. Coming from a victim of infidelity, it means you mean a lot to her and she isn't willing to let you go...yet. Don't fail her again- because the second betrayal is infinitely more painful.

You can do your best to earn her trust back- transparency helps. Allow her to inquire in detail of your actions and communications. Discuss why you commit this heinous act, and your means to curtail it. Give her reason and confirmation that staying with you is not going to lead to further heartbreak.

And of course, don't cheat, on or with. You should develop your emotional maturity to stay commit to the person who hold you so close to her heart, and the respect for other people's relationship. You should learn that cheating hurts, regardless of the capacity. If you are not ready for a relationship, don't waste her time.

I do not have any favorable opinion on cheating at all. However I am going to leave the judgement of your behavior to those who are involved; and there's where I am leaving it at.

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To give of one's self; To leave the world a bit better...; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - This is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.formspring.me/ToucheTurtle <-- Ask me a question