(#10 (permalink)) Old
golauren Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Lauren

Points: 8,451, Level: 13 Points: 8,451, Level: 13 Points: 8,451, Level: 13

July 7th 2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkMagicx View Post
Sorry, I had to get over the excitement that somebody ACTUALLY has this disease too.....I felt so incredibly alone. Anyways, well...you won't have the physical consequences of purging, unless you do that every now and again like I do, but you have the consequences of the yo-yo weight gain/lose from the bingeing and starving. Sucks, I know.
I don't really know what a normal amount of food is either. I've always eaten a lot, even before the ED, and now it's like, I'm trying to eat normally, but I don't even now if I'm doing it right...? Oh well.
Lauren, we will get through this together, promise. <3
Stay strong, and keep your head up high.
~paula
I feel very alone as well. But we have each other. I've purged once, and I think about it a lot, but when I want to try again someone is always close by. YES, THE WEIGHT GAIN, WEIGHT LOSS. CONSTANT. IT SUCKS.
I feel pathetic because I'm 15 and can't feed myself right. I'm so ashamed.
Thank you, you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily. View Post
Hey Lauren, I actually dealt with non-purging bulimia for many years, in fact for the majority of the time I have suffered with eating disorders it was by far the one that took up the most amount of that time. It started when I was 9 up until I was 14, so I know how hard it can be, I've had eating disorders of some kind or another for nearly half my life, and as I said, the majority of that time was undiagnosed non-purging bulimia. As for the risks, your metabolism can and very well might go absolutely insane. I gained massive amounts of weight during that particular eating disorder, and then it lead to more issues with it, which then developed into Purging type Bulimia. It can be awful, but basically with non-purging bulimia you face nearly all the risks of the starvation AND the binge eating. It also depends on how long the time between starve and binge is, for me, it was relatively a week of each. But for some, they go through both in the same day. But in general it can make your metabolism very slow, because over eating can make it slower, and starving yourself also makes it slow down and preserve fat.
Yes, my metabolism is so screwed up! One time I starved for a day and gained like 2 pounds and another time when I binged I lost weight.
I didn't know that I basically have all the risks or starvation and binge eating, either though that's what I'm doing constantly, but still that is a scary thought.
During the school year I would starve for a week then binge on weekends because it was easy to not binge because I was at school for most of the day but now it's summer. I've been going through both throughout the day.
Sometimes I binge in the morning then I don't eat for the rest of the day and lately I'll have about 1000 calories during the day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) but after dinner I eat everything I can. I think I do this because I read somewhere that your body expects the same amount of calories a day, basically the same amount of food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkMagicx View Post
Good to know we are not alone, and you are struggling like us. Yeah, my metabolism is officially fucked (sorry). I mean, I could probably eat lettuce and gain weight. -.- mine was like 1 binge=2-4 days of starving, and so on. :/ Oh, and yeah. I gained a lot of weight too. Like a lost a certain amount of weight, and gained that (which was a lot) back, plus extra. But, I hate purging with a passion, so I doubt I'll develop Purging Bulimia.
Uhhhh.
~paula
So is my metabolism!!!!!!!! Hopefully one day we can regulate it again!!!!

-GoLauren

Last edited by Coffee.; July 7th 2012 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Merged posts :)