View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Getting out there: Dating - July 11th 2012, 05:05 PM

So... I literally haven't had sex for a year. Up till around this time last summer I had a friends with benefits thing going on for about 10 months (it was on and off during that time). The last time i DATED anyone and was even on what any sane person could call a date (lunch, dinner, movies, whatever) was 2 YEARS AGO, and yes, TWO DU DUES, what ever language and form you want it in!!!!

Now don't get me wrong, I have been majorly focused on school and have been dealing with some personal issues. Until maybe January-ish this year I probably would have been a shitty girlfriend any how, but maybe not with the right damn guy. I know a lot of girls who are more emotionally stressed out than me and THEY have boyfriends.

I feel like I USED to have a lot of guys interested in me (well, not LOTS LOTS but like, you know, people showed interest so what ever). I am a reasonably attractive person, I mean, I'm not a model or something, but I still consider myself legitimately on the pretty side, I'd be considered plain at worst (and NOT ugly). I am educated (in university), I like to joke around, care about others a lot and I have goals. I like to play sports and travel and have a lot of other interests..... I know there is nothing WRONG with me, but no guy knows this. I am so good at helping my friends with relationship stuff, but I can't seem to do it for myself. I don't know how to put myself out there cause I don't like partying or drinking cause I am a quieter person and don't find clubs and stuff all that fascinating, and even if I did that isn't where I want to meet guys.... I have considered often approaching guys before or after my classes, but I have NO idea how to do that with out being awkward and I tend to stumble over my words sometimes if I am uncomfortable (yet I do quite well and am very good during interview typed situations I think MOSTLY cause I know what I am getting into there)....

I don't know what to do, and the "you're only 20, there's not rush" BS gets really annoying. I'm not asking to get married right now, I just want to find a way to date within my comfort zone (ex. I am NOT going to a club to meet guys BUT I WILL work within school and stuff), cause other wise I'm going to be bloody well 30 and still single. It's just that I have a lot of really frustrating friends. I want just ONE person who I can rely on. It's not like being single ends my life. I am VERY independent so I am fine. I can HANDLE being alone, but it doesn't mean i want to be. It would be nice to have ONCE person in this city though. Just because I am not depressed being alone doesn't mean I should go against human nature and pretend like I enjoy being alone (cause even my friends are unreliable company). So any advice on how to get out of my hermits hole would help. Thanks.