Thread: online dating
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

online dating - July 13th 2012, 12:37 AM

Hey, so I have been having trouble meeting guys in my city (literally haven't had a boyfriend in a bit OVER 2 years, a date in 2 years and haven't had sex for a year)... Now I have a friend or 2 who think I need to like get on a dating site or something... But I can't do the casual sex thing, I got way to attached last year, and I just end up feeling bad. I don't want to deal with that again. I am a relationship person. End of story.

But the problem is that places that are free like Plenty of Fish have SO MANY unregulated trolls.... But I am unsure if it is worth my time to pay for a site (such as Match or eHarmony)... I don't really want to have to go through some stupid BS of "fill out these 100 questions and pick one of the 5 potential answers" because I don't see how that is beneficial, as if we're all that generic... But sites that do that (and assuming they're like eHarmony and you gotta pay) will they eventually let you fill out a customized profile? Any info on good sites and all would be great.

Also, I sort of feel like a loser for even considering this, it's just that I don't really get out much. I go to the gym, bike, play sports and go to school (I also volunteer and such but that isn't getting me far either), not to mention that I am NOT doing any of that stuff to meet a guy/gal. Also, I am bisexual, and a lot of the dating sites you have to pay for don't seem to have considered bisexuality as a possibility, only straight up hetero/homo-sexuality. So how do I handle that? What should I do? Try it? Stay away? Pay? Free? Good sites etc. Please lemme know.