(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: Addicted to making fake online dating profiles? - July 13th 2012, 03:07 AM

The fact that you've realized that something isn't right is already a huge step in the right direction. The first thing you need to do is take those profiles down. I know there's something kind of exciting about the prospect of meeting someone online, but it honestly won't do you much good in the end, especially being underage. Although nothing has happened so far, things could go badly in the future. For example, you could choose to meet one of them, which could be problematic. You could also get your heart broken, so nothing could happen between you and an older man without breaking laws. Of course, you can always put one or two profiles back up when you're of a legal age to see what happens. But, for now, taking them all down is your best option.

You might also want to consider downloading some sort of Internet filter. There are many free ones online - just make sure you research it before you download it. Doing so will allow you to choose what types of websites you can access on the Internet and what kinds are prohibited. You could always have a friend or family member set up the account for you, as other users have said. However, if you're not comfortable with having no control over the filter, look for one with an option to include an accountability person. Some filters will allow you to choose someone who will be emailed if you use the password to access a website set to be blocked by the filter. Either way, having someone else who knows and will keep an eye on your Internet use is a great idea. It's much harder to stumble when you're held accountable to someone.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.