Thread: Triggering (Grieving): Girlfriend lost a pet and a family member...
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
semiunbalanced Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kimmi

Points: 11,344, Level: 15 Points: 11,344, Level: 15 Points: 11,344, Level: 15

Girlfriend lost a pet and a family member... - July 21st 2012, 07:19 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Not too long ago my girlfriend lost her favorite pet in the entire world. It wasn't digesting things properly and passed away in his sleep. When my girlfriend woke up to her dad crying she knew it wasn't good but she didn't imagine that he could die. She's still upset about it and randomly texts me in the middle of the night bawling because she misses him and it's so unfair. My heart absolutely breaks for her. I know how much she loved that thing. It was the only living creature in the house that she actually liked since she doesn't get along with her parents.

Early this morning I woke up to a text saying she was coming home from her vacation early because her grandpa passed away. She still hasn't gotten over her bunny and now this? I know she's strong but I'm stressed for her.

What's the best way that I can support her? I can't really go over to her house or be there at the funeral of her grandpa since her family doesn't really support our relationship (and I would really rather not disrespect the family when they're dealing with loss by showing up somewhere where they don't want to have to deal with that). I can't send her flowers or anything like that either or her parents will just trash it. What's a creative way to remind her that she still has somebody that loves and cares for her?