View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
PhantomMichaeliS Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Prussia

Points: 7,237, Level: 12 Points: 7,237, Level: 12 Points: 7,237, Level: 12

Re: I suck at my job and I'm harrassed at work. Help? - July 23rd 2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenitySmile View Post
Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are experiencing that at work. Is Kroger's a chain? I wonder if any of the other stores are better...or maybe another grocery store in your town? Or a pharmacy?

The unfortunate thing about jobs is that sometimes we hate what we do, but at the end of the day, we come home with a paycheck. It's illegal for you to be paid less than what you earned...your boss could get in serious trouble for that.

Bullies tend to be fueled by your feelings...if you look upset or react to them, it tends to egg them on. Nobody should have to leave work crying, and no amount of money should be worth more than your happiness.

I guess for now you could try to ignore them? You got hired for a reason; you've got qualities that the company needs. Remember that. If things don't get any better, then don't ever hesitate to quit the job.

Good luck.

Thank you for your kind words. Its nice to hear a little sympathy after all this.

Unfortunately where I live there aren't many other jobs that a 17 year old in college can do and I was willing to do any kind of work in order to get a paycheck. If I want money, I have to stay with this store basically.

With the bullies, thank you for the advice. I do tend to show my feelings a little more than I should, which as you put it, eggs them on. I'll try to hide things a little more and maybe I'll be heckled less.

I'm starting to job search again, just in case things don't get any better. I guess that's life and I need to grow up, but working at a job you hate is something no one wants to do and I would rather be happy and poor than unhappy and have a dollar in my pocket.

Thanks so much for everything