View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jas Offline
aka Xamed
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 12,438, Level: 16 Points: 12,438, Level: 16 Points: 12,438, Level: 16

Re: I suck at my job and I'm harrassed at work. Help? - July 24th 2012, 01:21 PM

Okay, that really helps. Hey, first of all, congrats for being a self-sufficient 17 year old! That's really hard, and I admire you for being so responsible - I certainly wasn't capable of that at 17.

I guess you have two main options:

1) Stay with Krogers. Document your hours personally so you have something to support your claim if they try to cheat you again. Continue to look for work elsewhere. (I think that's the most important part.) And take care of yourself outside of work - self care can go a long way towards making you feel better after crappy work and towards insulating you and giving you more confidence for the next round.

2) Leave Krogers. What's your other job? i.e. what kind of experience do you have or can you spin yourself as having? No, there aren't a lot of jobs open to 17 year olds, but you found one and even though it's (ridiculously hard) work to find another, you probably would... the question is being able to pay bills in between. If it's absolutely impossible by any means, you're left with number 1, but I would exert all my energy into trying to find another job ASAP.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.