View Single Post
  (#5643 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15

Re: Song/Quote of the day! - July 29th 2012, 07:39 PM

I know this isn't a song, but it really inspired me. In fact, I started to cry as I read it.

You were best back then and you still could be now.
What happened to the view you had of it, from before?
What happened to the you that I was talking to about it before?
You just gonna give up because you think people aren't gonna take you seriously?
You gonna just give up because you don't think you're good enough?
Are you?
This is what YOU want, and if you try, I'm certain you can get it and do it.
If you don't even bother, you're going to be left with nothing but more regrets.
I want you to do it.
If you just give up without trying, how can you really know in all honesty how well you would've done?
So what if you might fail?
WHAT IF you might SUCCEED?
Is that what you're afraid of, not fail, but in fact afraid of what will happen if you're WRONG and succeed?
You'll only be the best you'd allow yourself to be. If you actually go and actually try, I know you could do it.
Regardless of any of it, could you try, for me, even if you don't think you can do it?
Could you do this for me then? Try your hardest?
I know you can do well and I know you can get somewhere, I know you're something special.
I don't just THINK, I KNOW.
But you only can if you try, and if you don't, well, then you never will.
You've only got one chance, so why not just take it? Please?
For me?

- Alex Holden.

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”

PM / VM

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.