View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Earning money but can't work? - August 2nd 2012, 03:49 AM

I think you're shooting yourself in the foot with focusing on your appearance for the concert. I understand you want to look nice but you have to ask yourself, which do you value more: your clothing for the concert or the cool merchandise you can buy? I've been to several concerts and I wore regular street clothes even though I liked the band because I wanted to save my money for the cool swag. Nobody cared I didn't wear something fancier or any band clothing. Everyone will be focused on the concert, you won't stand out.

As for how to make money, again you're shooting yourself in the foot because you seem to want to only do something that's nice and easy. I cant blame you for that, however, when that doesn't work, then it's time to consider your other options. As unpleasant as it sounds, dog-walking during hot weather is a plus for you because older dogs and dogs with thicker fur coats aren't going to be as energetic, so it's easier on you. I can tell you this certainly is true because I've been around dogs for most of my life, helped train many (which you can also try if you have the experience) and have 2 husky mixes. It's an added bonus if there's a closed-in dog park within walking distance (i.e. up to a good 30 or so minute walk) because the dogs are going to tire themselves out there and you can get a brief rest for the walk back.

When I was too young to get an actual job, each summer I made $1,000-2,000 sometimes more simply through lawn-cutting, pool-cleaning and basic yard work. It wasn't nice, it was brutal at times because at first I didn't have a ride. To me it easier on myself and help me make more money, I hitched a large buggy or mini version of a trailer that professionals use for transporting their equipment (bought it at a garage sale for somewhere around $15) to the back of my bicycle and rode to each house. I took the lawnmower, gas canisters, garden gloves, rake, trowel, lawn dethatcher, lots of bottled water and rope to secure it all so nothing would fall out.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)