View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Friend Doesn't Like My Dating Habits??? - August 4th 2012, 05:30 PM

I think Archeron hit the nail on pretty much everything I wanted to say. My only contradiction is that I don't think a kiss on the 2nd date is at all delayed, I think it is probably average, I don't think it's bad, I just don't think everyone starts macking on each other during the first date, I'd say the 2nd to 3rd date is usually a good place for a first kiss IF there is a connection.
I had a friend who did similar stuff and seriously affected my relationship with a guy cause he liked me. Instead of accepting that I obviously didn't want to be with him (evidenced in the fact that I was seeing someone else) he made it his business to interfere with the claim that he was doing it for my own good. I don't deny that the structure of my relationship with the guy wasn't ideal, but it wasn't my friends place to make a worse mess out of it. So I know how you feel. And on top of what Archeron is saying, I think you need to make it abundantly clear that your friend has no right to butt in on your relationship the way that he is. You need to tell him that by being like he is he's only damaging your relationship with him and not the guy you are dating.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions