View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
RyceMeleton Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryce

Points: 7,457, Level: 12 Points: 7,457, Level: 12 Points: 7,457, Level: 12

College Confusion - August 10th 2012, 11:23 PM

I've recently called the apartments that I planned to stay in during my freshman year of college since I couldn't stay in the aapartments on campus. Today they told me that I couldn't qualify for a room if I didn't have a parent that made 18,000 a month. It's just may dad supporting me and he doesn't make nearly that much. My only options seem to be online classes (which not all of my classes are availiable online) or the campus here in the city that I live in(and stay at home).

I'm not sure why, but I've been having a hard time getting any of my college things straightened out and my family thinks this is all must be happening for some reason, and that God has everything planned out for me. I know I shouldn't worry and I should let God take care of everything, but it's hard. I've been taking care of my younger siblings for almost all of high school and I don't get to go and live my life and actually experience college life on campus.

I've even been thinking that I should have gone to the first school that sent me my acceptance letter and it was the one that I really wanted to go to(they are much more expensive) , but I couldn't as it would have been a financial strain on my family. Now it seems like I've made a HUGE mistake in not going there. I feel like I'm being a baby about this but it's just hard knowing that all your friends will be out enjoying college and you'll be at home.

I'm not sure what to do anymore, I just feel so angry and I can't stop crying. Please help me