Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Legitimate Rape - Akin and Galloway - August 23rd 2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCoop View Post
Rape is Rape, plain and simple.
Rape is far from simple when it comes to the justice system. I'm glad that it's not simple because I really don't want to live in a country that has a justice system that basically allows a woman to pull out the rape card when, in fact, it wasn't. If I have consensual sex with a woman and, for some reason has a desire to take me to court and accuse me of rape, then I don't have much to go by. Married couples get raped, couples get raped, strangers get raped, so it's not like I can just say "she was my girlfriend...so by default...she consents to everything."

If I were single and I went to a party, met a woman, decide to go back to her place, and she passes out on the bed...do I have consent even if she never mentions consent? I'd probably be intoxicated and probably wouldn't care too much if she was passed out. In fact, it's actually one of my fetishes to engage in sexual activity with my girlfriend while she's asleep (but I've never done it because she's a light sleeper). And since we went back to her place, I'd automatically assume that her intent was to have sex with me, and would therefore not hold myself back. But what if I was sober? Would it make any difference if I had sex with her or not? I say it doesn't make much of a difference. If I had a female friend come over and she, for some reason, decides to sleep with me since there isn't any other beds and decides to take her clothes off, is it rape if I touch her while she's asleep? If she was a nudist, I would understand why she would sleep naked...but if this she never takes her clothes off when sleeping but does so with me, then I feel that you're inviting me. However, if you're in the other room and you're naked, then it's a little bit different if I touched her. It could be an invitation, but she didn't sleep next to me and there was no clear indication that she wanted me to touch her. It's complicated as hell stuff. If a woman says no, then that is clear un consensual sex, but there's a huge gray area. It's not so clear-cut.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 936139 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!