(#2 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 38,245, Level: 28 Points: 38,245, Level: 28 Points: 38,245, Level: 28

Re: Apple Vs. Samsung - August 28th 2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDF View Post
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/sam...072410657.html

Apple's not doing itself any favours in my opinion. Do they really think they can rise anywhere near to being the one and only technology company and run a monopoly, even if it's just limited to one country like the US?

Even if they manage to somehow achieve a monopoly in the US, it'l be near impossible to maintain with the internet. Foreign products can be EASILY bought and shipped in from abroad.

Plus Apple is just getting more hatred from a lot of consumers over this. I'm not buying any more I-Pods for sure.
Hi BDF!

I hope you're OK.

Companies are legally obligated to defend patents and trademarks. If they don't - they can lose that patent or trademark. This is why Ford took Ferrari to court over a proposed new Ferrari model called the F150. The F150 'name' is trademarked by Ford for its pick-up trucks. IF Ford didn't take Ferrari to court - the trademark office could interpret that to mean that Ford no longer cares about the trademark - and take it from them - allowing anyone [Like Ferrari] to assume 'ownership' of the name.

Apple had no choice BUT to take Samsung to court. Companies can not allow so much as one domino to fall when to patents, etc.

GBH -