View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
joeblow9999 Offline
I'm back! (sorta)
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 9,718, Level: 14 Points: 9,718, Level: 14 Points: 9,718, Level: 14

Re: Alcohol Blackouts - August 30th 2012, 07:17 AM

Hey there,

The key is simply limiting your consumption. Limit yourself to a couple of shots, or just stick to drinking low-alcohol "bitch beers" if you have to. When you go to bars, bring only your ID and enough cash to cover a couple of drinks, that way you'll be unable to splurge on shot after shot. Another solution would be to avoid going to bars altogether and drink at home where there isn't an endless supply of alcohol and the peer pressure that comes with being in a group of friends in public.

As you said, there are many downsides to becoming blind-drunk like splurging your money away and becoming loud and obnoxious, but the other thing to consider is that repeated, frequent binge-drinking is unhealthy and can contribute to liver and kidney problems. There are recognised health benefits of alcohol when consumed in moderation, but too much, too often will lead to serious health problems and alcoholism.

Feel free to leave me a VM anytime, I don't bite. :3

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ---Neil deGrasse Tyson
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.