Thread: Triggering: Being bullied
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Points: 20,566, Level: 20 Points: 20,566, Level: 20 Points: 20,566, Level: 20

Re: Being bullied - September 6th 2012, 12:57 AM

Told you I would be back . Sorry it look so long.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooood morning Abigail. My name is Hamed and I know exactly how you feel at the moment. I was bullied for soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long, eight and a half years and as much as some people said "they are wrong", "don't listen to them" and so on and so forth, it was difficult to escape the fact that it was happening and they were bullying me explicitly.

Let me make one thing very very very clear. They are wrong. They have absolutely no clue what the flip they are talking about, they don't even know you. I know you have probably heard it a bajillion times and it may seem cliched or whatever but it is true!

I am telling the truth, what they are saying is wrong and frankly, they don't know what they are talking about.

Let me tell you this, you are a beautiful young girl, you are smart, you are a fighter and you do not deserve anything those bullies throw at you. You have probably heard that sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times but that is the truth, I wouldn't lie to you, especially not about that.

But I'm going to go a little bit further than just the pep talk and the stuff you have probably heard over and over again, even though that stuff is true.

Probably the most important thing for you to do is just walk away. Whenever people tell you you are not good enough, whenever they do this stuff in front of you, escape the situation immediately. Go outside, go to the library, go to your studio if you have one and escape the situation.

Just go somewhere where you are alone and where you have the chance to recouperate before you explode on the scene. Look out for the warning signs that you are about to break and then immediately walk away to give yourself the chance to relax and regather yourself.

I think this is very important to relieve yourself and allow yourself the chance to self talk as well. Once you have escaped the situation, just give youself some positive self talk, it's just a way of telling yourself you ARE good enough.

Also, if you are feeling lonely at the moment, try change that. There are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many ways of belonging and finding new friends. You have passions, you have interests, so work from those. If you have a passion for singing then join a choir, if you have an interest in food, then take a class, train, work, whatever, but find people with similar passions and interests as you do, find someone you hae something in common wtih and that is the big thing.

I have said that these bullies don't know you. They have absolutely nothing in common with you, they don't know what your passions are and they have no clue who you are, who you love, these people are essentially strangers who want to get a reaction from you.

That's where friends are found. I mean think about it. Everyone here, we are willing to support you and you have a friend in us, because we have something in common. We all are fighters and we want to help people. By finding people you have thing in common with, it ebats all hell out of isolation and loneliness.

I have been talking for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long but the thing is, you do not deserve it. Escape the situation and find friends who have the same pasisons and interest as you because bullies are not your friends, they don't know, they have nothing in common with you.

Sorry you have to go through this Abby. I have been there, it's painful and it can't happen to a less deserving person <3.

H.

P.S. I happen to think you look pretty in your avatar .

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.