(#19 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Rape Is Natural - September 9th 2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile
Those sexual patterns mentioned before exist because take pedophilia and homosexuality, it's (from a genetic point of view), nonbenificial, you can't reproduce with a child, nor can you with a person of the same gender, so those factors have been bred out to a small segment of the population, as opposed to the men interested in pubescent and upwards girls who were able to reproduce.
Homosexuality can be evolutionary beneficial through kin selection. The best way to explain it is as follows: you're a heterosexual and suppose you have a homosexual brother. You're correct that the brother cannot reproduce, however, he is able to help you secure a mate and can help indirectly support the mother through her pregnancy.

I agree though, I don't see how pedophilia is genetically beneficial.

Quote:
Also interesting is that most rapes occur to women of childbearing age (80% being under the age of 30, and 9/10 of victims are women, and only 15% of rapes occurring to prepubescence individuals), even though they would be the most fit to resist. If rape were simply about dominance then it would be odd to choose victims so capable to fighting back.
There are a few key pieces of data you're either unaware of or intentionally not including. First, when women ovulate, there are observations that they tend to be more willing or flirty, have a "glow" and secrete a greater amount of pheromones, all of which entice. Second, women in that age group are more likely to have a desired waist-hip ratio than elderly women. Third, at the time of the rape, a large amount of the victims currently were or used to be in a relationship with the rapist, so there already is some ease of access. Fourth, the victims tend to be rather young and at that age, more reckless, sociable and impulsive. To me, it's a combination of want for sex and dominance, although whether it's 50/50 is up for debate.

Quote:
One must also consider the low percentage of violence in most rapes (of forcible rape, 84% didn't involve physical injury)
Of these, how many of the men were currently in a relationship with the victim? By relationship, I mean boyfriend, husband, friend or someone the female knows and maybe trusts. Point is, with familiarity, the female is more receptive and will not be as defensive. There is also the possibility for the relationship to have been rather abusive and the woman learned from unfortunate experiences that if she resists more, she will incur more damage, however, may still have love for him.

Quote:
Rape fantasies are also the most common human fantasy, over half of college aged women have rape fantasies.
This supports either view equally, however, again, the rape fantasies are presumably with someone they know and trust won't hurt them.

Overall, interesting debate.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)