View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: Apple Iphone 5 cost 199 to make! Sells for 849! - September 23rd 2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
Then to stop muggings we should make everyone dress the same aswell. They get targeted because they dress nicer so people may think they have expensive stuff.

News flash governments are made of people. whom will make the same mistake. But using that logic just let the government take care of the kids. The parents are just there to make the child and after there birth they are taken to be raised in a government agency.

But its also human nature to want the best stuff. So you are going to have to rewire human nature. Honestly I'll want to see that happen.
It's also inherent in human nature, given that we are simply apes further down the evolution timeline, to act on impulse and knock each other out when we don't like something about someone else.

Sure, there are people who do that. They're called assholes.

What are you trying to say? I'm saying an effort should be made by everyone to draw kids away from worshipping the consumer culture. There was a survey done in the UK a few months ago proving that something like 8/10 ten year olds in London thought I-Pods were a "basic essential", same as water, food etc. Wtf are people raising?

A central government is in a better position to change something like this because they hold the power to do so. A single parent can decide not to buy their kids this crap, but nothing will change if all the other parents still do. I thought something like this is obvious, although obviously not to some...

And also, in the UK, school kids DO in fact dress all the same. School uniforms. I hated them when I first moved to the UK, but now I see the sense in it, although I see it slightly differently from most people but nevermind.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.