View Single Post
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: Apple Iphone 5 cost 199 to make! Sells for 849! - September 23rd 2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
It's also worth noting that in addition to the costs already stated, you'll also have import duties as the products are made outside of the United States (doesn't matter if they're Apple or not, they're made by a third party) as well as any local or federal sales taxes and advertising overheads, all of which will reduce the margin Apple makes per phone.
I can't figure out whether or not all these sort of items cost SOO much more in the UK than in the US because of corporations taking advantage of a large stupid group of people who are prepared to pay any price to get their hands on an I-Phone, or if it is more because of taxes. The UK is hellbent on taxes. Stupid example: "Pasty tax". I mean, lol. Just lol.

It's obviously both, but which is the larger contributor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post
It's business, this is nothing new. Literally every industry is gimping you, not just Apple inc.
- Justin
I think the important difference here is that food (such as oranges) is essential. You die without food. You don't die without an I-Phone.

I don't blame Apple anywhere near as much as I blame the stereotypical fool earning minimum wage, or unemployed altogether, who gets himself brand new Apple gimmics as soon as they're released. Why am I so concerned with it? Because people I'm ashamed to say I used to be friends with, or who at least called themselves my friend keep doing it and fucking up the rest of their life because they can't keep up on bills etc. Not to mention when they get older and have kids, they still make the same mistakes. Be it Apple, or a brand new car at £20,000. Same thing actually.

I look after my cash and several times have had idiots who think I'm an idiot try to use me. I'm sick of it. Lending money that you don't ever get back to people that then spit in your face when you remind them a year later. It's funny because most of my family on my mother's side is exactly like this. She admits it. We don't contact or talk to them anymore. All they ever wanted from us is money, and it's true when I think back. What did they do with it? TV satelite subscription, lots of cigarettes, and brand new non-essential gadgets. And never enough. Always bitching that they didn't have what we do.

I'm getting carried away. It's a rant. Point made though.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by NonIndigenous; September 23rd 2012 at 09:51 PM.