View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: I am in college and want a piercing, parents disagree - September 25th 2012, 07:50 PM

I DO think that threatening to cut you off over a piercing is excessive, but really, what is more important? Finishing school and THEN getting it OR disobeying them, getting cut off and adding a mountain of financial stress (loans, having to work to get by etc) to everything else you have to deal with while being a student. I don't deny that they are being excessively restrictive, but even if you are an adult and presumably not living at home, if you're parents are covering your finances while you are in school you DO have to show them a certain amount of regard for what they want. It's unfair, but you have to think about what is more important. What's the harm in waiting until you are done school?

The other option is to get a piercing they won't be able to see, such as a belly button piercing, and just take it out when you are around them and avoid shirts where you can see it.... But I'd still withhold on the piercing until you can convince them OR are done school. AND the other option is to just disobey them get cut off, not have a car, and go apply for student loans at the bank so you can finish school.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions