(#54 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16

Re: Talking about religion - September 28th 2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwirth View Post
Yes, everyone will have the chance to be saved (people arent actually "saved" in this life tho, they have gained salvation, which is different, salvation is the process of being saved.....no one is saved yet, not you or I)....but for some it will not happen in this life, what about Children who have reached the age accountability but didnt have parents who teach them and die? They werent given the opportunity in this life but they will in the spirit world. And they will need baptism just like the rest of us....thats when baptisms for the dead comes in. It does talk about that in the bible as well. If we are to supposed to have baptisms for the dead then why would they not have the opportunity to learn and accept the gospel in the spirit world. No body is in Heaven or Hell yet (not that Hell actually exists but I dont wanna get into that right now PM if you wanna know about that but read 1Corinthians ch15 first ps all of my scripture references are from the King James version of the Bible ) Everyone is in the spirit world until the second coming. And those scriptures that you are talking about, yes the wold we be preached to, missionary efforts will expand but there will be those who will slip through the cracks. I highly suggest you reading 1Corinthians ch15, I could also give you scripture references to The Book of Mormon as well but I doubt you would want anything to do with that.....so thats why I have just stuck to the Bible.
Where do you think the bible says that we aren't saved yet? The bible says that we ARE (not will be) new creations. The chapter that you posted, 1 Corinthains 15, actually talks about how He is already a new creature (verses 9 ad 10).

As far as what happens to children who were too young to understand, the bible does not say so I refuse to assume anything.

I need to study the context of 1 Corinthians 15 before I comment about what he is talking about reguarding "baptism for the dead". I don't know what was going on during that time to make him say that or what exactly they did, so I need to study the history first before I comment.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 946870 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!