View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Edward Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Edward

Points: 7,529, Level: 12 Points: 7,529, Level: 12 Points: 7,529, Level: 12

Re: I have a serious sex addiction. - November 7th 2012, 12:34 AM

Welcome to TeenHelp! I hope you enjoy your stay here with us.

It is quite unfortunate that your father abandoned you at a crucial point in your life, but you are not the only one with that problem. Fathers walking out on their families has become somewhat of a common thing now. However, you are right in making the assumption that you have a problem. You are compensating for the absence of your father by having a lot of sex. Some people might conclude that you have "daddy issues", but this may or may not be true. You could simply be hypersexual.

You are a point where sex is practically irresistible to you. So, there is no point in continuing to have sex with a bunch of males when you know that is not going to solve the problem. Furthermore, there is really no definite cure for your problem, but I recommend getting into a relationship with a partner who shows proper restraint during sexual advances.

If you are simply not comfortable pursuing a relationship with someone, try engaging in (non-sexual) activities. Examples include sports, video games, etc. Your body and mind will be completely focusing on that particular activity. Should you find that activity to be quite interesting, try to turn it into a habit. Do not stay idle for long periods of time, as that may feed your ever-growing appetite for sex.

This is definitely going to be a challenge, but if you are up for it, just strap down and go at it. You may also invite a friend or two to tag along with you to take part in any activities you engage. Moral support can go a long way.

Good luck!

Last edited by Edward; November 7th 2012 at 01:53 AM.
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 964667 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!