View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Points: 20,566, Level: 20 Points: 20,566, Level: 20 Points: 20,566, Level: 20

Feeling Like the ONLY Lonely One (one of my biggest insecurities). - November 7th 2012, 10:16 PM

Morning, guys, what's happening.

If you guys are reading this thread then by natural association, this thread is online. You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this LOL. Either the site is down or TeenHelp logs me out or I don't have time but I never got to it LOL.

Anyways, here I am. I recently got back from an exam break and I was facing this issue then, about a month ago, but I still want to get advice about it. Just a warning as well, I know around the forums, I'm seen as this really happy guy and I still am, don't get me wrong, but I'm about to give away one of my biggest insecurities, so if you don't want to know, then feel free to stop reading here =).

Here goes.

I'm basically feeling lonely.

The natural human killer.
HUMAN loneliness.

I mean relationship loneliness and to a degree, friendship loneliness as well. ESPECIALLY relationship loneliness. I have recently come back from an exam break, as I said and I sometimes came back when I DIDN'T have an exam just to study and get advice about what the exams were going to be like and planning and time management etc.

The thing is, when I was walking around the school, no matter where I was I saw couples absolutely everywhere. It drove me insane. People around the school holding hands and kissing and I guess that hurts knowing that I'm still alone myself.

There is one couple in the school where every single time I see them, they are on top of each other. I mean, I know they don't mean it but it hurts seeing so many couples everywhere I go, knowing that I'm still single. And they were everywhere, I couldn't avoid it.

I also couldn't avoid seeing girls. Girls who were amazing and beautiful and totally out of my league. I mean I hear girls all the time talking about guys like, "oooh, he's so cute", knowing that no one feels the same way about me.

Seemingly, I have no chance with some of the people I genuinely really like.

It's basically loneliness and jealousy and seeing everyone together knowing that I'm "the odd one out", that I'm alone. The latter was the most difficult, seeing so many couples, dead set everywhere I looked.

Just comments, I guess and how come it's so prevelant in schools, everyone seems to get together in schools?

H.

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.