View Single Post
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,738, Level: 46 Points: 106,738, Level: 46 Points: 106,738, Level: 46

Re: "Am I Pregnant?" thread - November 16th 2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post

Haha sorry!!! I've been trying to reference them more, but it's sort of hassle to me. I should just spend a few hours going through some though

And, what else would you suggest?

I don't really see anything wrong with a sticky. Also, when and who said this? I've been gone so I haven't heard anything about lessening stickies. I think stickies are a great way to keep important information seen. Anyone who is used to a forum knows that important info is in a sticky. I personally would hate having to open a new window or tab to look for information that used to be a sticky. Or for information that might be related to my questions. At least with a sticky they just go "Hm, that sounds like it might answer my questions". Rather than clicking through and searching through the Articles to find something. If it isn't there, then they are now frustrated and go back to the other screen or tab or window and type up a post.

-- This is just how I personally would feel and could see some others feeling Now for a leisurely read, I can understand using the Articles, but not for members to actively go there when they are worried, and their hearts' are beating a mile a minute, hands clammy and sweaty, etc. They are going to want an answer and they will want it NOW.

Hence why the redirect sounds like a wonderful idea to me.
You should read them. Read every single one. They're all brilliant.

And, that's my problem. I couldn't think of anything besides a sticky/article that might be helpful.

As for who told me about the stickies, I believe it was Rob, a while ago though. So I'm not sure if or when that will be happening.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."