Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): Raped
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Raped - November 21st 2012, 11:32 PM

Hey there,

I am glad that you have shared this with us. I agree that speaking out about being abused is one of the greatest tools in healing! No one should ever be ashamed because it is not their shame to hold onto. I think that abusers feed off of that shame/fear/guilt. I am so happy that you were able to confide in someone about what happened to you.

The things you have talked about experiencing, trouble sleeping and fear of other men are normal 'side effects' of being abused but you should know that you can heal from the abuse you suffered. Healing from such things is a long and tedious process but it is worth it. Have you ever considered looking into counseling for this? I know counseling sounds scary but in the end counseling is an extremely beneficial tool to overcoming this. Another thing that could help is keeping a journal. I know that I keep a journal and there are times that I write about the abuse and the feelings that I am feeling because of it. Also, there were a few times that I wrote a letter to my abusers in that journal and it helped so much. The key is not keeping the feelings locked up inside.

Please know that you have absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of or to feel guilty about. You are amazingly strong and you survived some horrific events but you will get through it and you will live an amazing life.

Please know that if you need anything I am here and more than willing to talk. And, once again thank you for sharing your story I know it took a lot of courage.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.