View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Perplexity Offline
Per sempre <3
I've been here a while

Name: Shaz

Points: 28,963, Level: 24 Points: 28,963, Level: 24 Points: 28,963, Level: 24

Re: doctor - March 29th 2009, 05:22 PM

It is scary talking to your doctor about things like this; I was so nervous when I did it, but it's something that I'm glad I did do in the end. I went to my doctors about my depression last year. It takes a lot of courage to go to the appointment and face your fears of talking to someone about it. But you don't have to suffer alone with this. You can feel happy again. Doctors will try and help you the best they can. I definitely think going to talk to your doctor is a huge step in the right direction and in recovery.

If you find it hard talking to someone face-to-face about something like this, why not write it down and hand it to your doctor? In my note to the doctor, I wrote how I was feeling, how long I've been feeling the way I was at the time, how it started and my symptoms. The more information you can include in the note, the better, as the doctor will have a better understanding of your situation then and will be able to help more. But just write down what your comfortable with. Doctors know that talking about problems isn't always easy. They won't force you to say anything.

When I went to my doctor, I was very nervous. The doctor asked me general questions like: "How long have you been feeling like this?", "When and how did it all start?" and we talked about symptoms of depression. He asked me a question that I didn't want to answer and he didn't make me say anything I didn't want to say. Doctors are understanding and you could tell them at the beginning of the appointment that your scared and they will understand.

Going to the doctors with someone for support can be a big help. I brought my mum along with me to my appointment for support. Is there anyone you could bring along with you? It might make things a little easier?