(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Am I Pregnant? - November 27th 2012, 08:13 PM

Yay work! I've actually been worried from only having one article in the section at a time, so please everybody, give me more work.

I like Hester's idea a lot. So often the "symptoms" of pregnancy are symptoms of a whole lot of things, so judging my symptoms is not always the best idea. You can emphasize the importance of actually getting a test and seeing a doctor rather than judging from symptoms and self-diagnosing.

I'd like a bit of clarification on some of the points in order to properly help you brainstorm for the article, I just don't want to assume I know what you mean and take off on random ideas that are unrelated since I can do that very easily with any topic sexuality related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Lights. View Post

-Myths and facts (condoms aiding in full protection, etc)
Other myths and facts you may want to include:
-Myth: Swallowing ejaculate causing pregnancy (I get really surprised how often we see this in P/C. )
-Myth: Pull out method being an effective form of birth control. (This might be good as its own article, actually. I have a lot to say on this subject, hahaha.)
-Myth: The bleeding while on birth control will tell you that you are not pregnant. Fact: The bleeding while on the pill is called "breakthrough bleeding" which can still happen when you are pregnant, so if you have any suspicion you are pregnant while on the pill (like you didn't take it consistently) you should take a test.
-Myth: You cannot take a pregnancy test when on the pill because the hormones will have it show up that you are pregnant. Fact: Pregnancy tests test for a different hormone that is not in birth control, so it will only show up if you are pregnant.
-Myth: You can't get pregnant if you have sex in a pool/this or that position.

With the condoms aiding in full protection bit, I'd just like to make sure you don't discourage any birth control use, but do emphasize that nothing but abstinence is 100% effective. I know that's probably what you're meaning, but I'm just pointing that out.

Quote:
-Periods.
How much do you plan on going into this? My only concern is, once again, this may be a large enough topic to be its own article. However, if you're just going into what a period is in direct relation to pregnancy, then yes. But this would really not be bad as its own article as a more descriptive explanation of what mensturation is. I love coming up with article ideas within an article idea.
Quote:
-Intercourse
What exactly would you like to do focus on, intercourse wise? Is it kind of what I mentioned about what types of intercourse could lead to pregnancy (being any of them where a penis is in a vagina. ) With that, you may want to emphasize what types of intercourse cannot get you pregnant and they can be a good alternative for people avoiding pregnancy, although not STI prevention.

That's all I got so far. I'll think of more things to add as more people brainstorm, hahaha.

something burning?