Thread: doctor
View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 33,029, Level: 26 Points: 33,029, Level: 26 Points: 33,029, Level: 26

Re: doctor - March 29th 2009, 07:52 PM

Hey

I think that Shaz's post is really good and i'd take her advice. I know that when I went to the doctors for my depression, what I had to do was take a note of my 'symptoms' and handed that to them, as I was too nervous to speak. The doctor was really nice about it and helped me a lot, they did ask me questions, such as how long I had been feeling like this for, too. Try not to worry about it, the doctor will have seen many people who feel nervous and uncertain in the whole situation and they will help you, plus you don't have to say anything that you don't want to. You're in control.
It may be nice that your teacher is there to help and support you, that's really caring, but if you don't want them to be in the room with you, you could always ask them if they could stay in the waiting room, i'm sure that they wont mind. Also, the doctor may even ask you if you'd rather talk alone - especially if you seem uncomfortable. Try not to worry about it, I know that it may seem terrifying now, but when it's done, you won't know what you were worried about! Good luck, and well done for getting the appointment, you should be proud of yourself - it's great that you're getting help.