View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Age of Ignorance Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21

Gift ideas for my girlfriend? - December 4th 2012, 04:28 AM

So, I'm back into the whole relationship type thingo, and it's been a few years since I've shopped or given someone I actually care about something. Buying for my family members is easy enough, because I can buy my parents novelty presents that act as a symbol of another year passing and them getting older (e.g. last year, I bought dad a toy construction set, and mum a 'My Little Pony' toy). However, I can't continue the same tradition with my girlfriend, because she's 16 and the age gap between us (3 years and 11 months) combined with a present that is satyrical or joking would belittle her worries about the age gap and demean her. So, that's out of the picture.

Basically, I want to buy her something mature. In fact, this year, I've bought something mature for every person in my family, but I can't seem to find one for her. I kinda feel like she has everything she needs...

But anyway, she's a big fan of One Direction and Justin Bieber (not joking). She used to have posters of both of them on her walls, but since we started dating, she's pulled them down and has become less interested in them both. Even then, she has a bunch of CDs and DVDs from both.
She's also a big fan of Skins (UK), but she kinda has all of the seasons - so there goes that idea. A Skins poster would be great, but I can't buy stuff online (severe lack of credit), and no shops in Australia seem to stock them.
She likes Vampire Diaries, but again, has everything to do with it.
She's a budding photographer, and she begged her parents to buy her an SLR camera after her compact Olympus (worth around $500) got wet while she was crossing a river. Unfortunately, I don't have $1000 to splurge on an SLR, and her Olympus still works (she just doesn't like to admit it). I thought about a waterproof case for it, as a joke, but then decided that it just doesn't seem to be worth it.
She recently got her belly button pierced (or whatever piercing that is), but I don't know whether or not to buy her a new bar for it or whatever it is they call them (I'm useless at piercings). Is that a good idea?
I've also thought about books, because she likes to read, and I got her into Perks of Being a Wallflower. I want to buy her that, but since the movie was released in Australia, there's literally not a copy within a 150km radius of me.
She started reading 50 Shades of Grey, much to her dad's displeasure. I thought about buying the box set, seeing as she was reading it online, but I don't want to get in her dad's bad books.
I thought about taking her out somewhere, but if I do, I have to have her back at her house by a particular time, and everything I want to do requires accomodation (I'm seriously not going hiking 5 hours away or bike riding 6 hours away and having to drive up and back in one day - I'd rather camp, but that doesn't seem to be a viable option). Everything that can be done locally, we've done.

So, I'm a symbol for screwed. Does anyone have any idea at all? I'm open to everything!