(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,747, Level: 29 Points: 40,747, Level: 29 Points: 40,747, Level: 29

Re: Internet addiction - December 4th 2012, 10:40 PM

The Internet is such an easy thing to get addicted to, isn't it? There are so many different websites available to you for so many different purposes. It's definitely easy to get lost in those. You should be really proud of yourself for being so proactive about your addiction to Tumblr. That's not something that a lot of people would have done and it shows a lot of responsibility on your part.

That being said, you don't need to cut the Internet out of your life completely. Perhaps you could work to limit the amount of time that you spend on the Internet instead. There are websites out there, similar to the one that you used to block Tumblr, that will allow you to set time limits on your Internet usage. For example, you could create settings that prevent you from going on the Internet after midnight. If you can't get on it, you can't get on it. That alone will definitely help you cut back on your usage. Hopefully, after some time without using the Internet past midnight, you will start to realize that it's not absolutely necessary for you to get by. Over time, your need to be on the Internet will probably diminish, until it isn't much of a problem for you anymore.

The hunger that you're feeling might be because you're looking for another way to satisfy yourself. From what you've shared with us, it sounds like the Internet is a tool that you used when you were bored and had nothing better to do. You got some sort of enjoyment out of it. Since you're no longer using the Internet, hunger is manifesting itself as a means for you to get something else you enjoy: food. The best advice that I can offer for this is for you to try to find another activity to participate in when you're "hungry, but not hungry". You mentioned writing in your thread. Perhaps you could take the times that you would be on the Internet (or eating because you're not on the Internet) to take some time to work on your writing. Look for other things to keep you busy as well, such as new hobbies or focusing on your studies. The less time that you have to devote to your Internet addiction, the easier it will be to overcome.

Hope this helped!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 973385 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!