View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 33,960, Level: 26 Points: 33,960, Level: 26 Points: 33,960, Level: 26

Re: Feeling depressed and lonely, any help appreciated. - December 14th 2012, 10:49 PM

Sorry for the double post and for bumping my own thread, but I had a bit of a setback today. It's kind of hard to explain, but I had the most intense feelings of loneliness and isolation I've had in a long time. I'm still not entirely sure what triggered them, but I'll try my best to explain.

It's hard feeling lonely at this time of year especially. I was in the shopping centre earlier and I saw everyone around me looking happy, and the Christmas lights were on and the Christmas music was on and all that...it was just too much for me. I almost started crying because, even though I should be looking forward to Christmas and appreciate the fact that my family should be there with me, I still feel lonely. There's just something missing; everyone else has it but I don't know what it is or how to get it. I kind of feel guilty for feeling this way as well because I know there are people in far worse situations than me and it's really self-centred to be thinking this way. I should appreciate what I do have, but I just don't know...

I'm sorry if the message of my post is unclear, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what it is myself, I'm just a bit stressed out as I write this. If you need me to explain anything further, just ask.