Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28

March 30th 2009, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Just a friendly reminder to stay on topic, remember what the OP started off with, etc.

Aren't we on topic I think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I mean unicorns as the mythical fairy creatures with supernatural powers that put a curse on you if you kill them.

Anyway, forgive me if I don't value the bible as a great source of evidence for unicorns. Also, it doesn't literally mean unicorn in those passages, it is simply the bad translation of the hebrew word "Re’em" which referred to a wild, un-tamable animal of great strength and agility, with a mighty horn or horns.
The translators of the Authorized King James Version of the Bible employed unicorn to translate re'em, providing a recognizable animal that was proverbial for its un-tamable nature.

You're not wrong if you don't value the bible as a great source. It's my foundation, but that doesn't mean it has to be yours. And by the way, I believe that science and faith go hand-in-hand. I find it fascinating how God uses pattern and created all of this. If you don't believe that, you don't have to.

I said they might have existed. I didn't say they did Hey it could be right. Maybe unicorns could exist. In physical appearance, it might be possible.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."

Last edited by Jack; March 30th 2009 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Posts Merged