View Single Post
  (#50 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Points: 25,325, Level: 23 Points: 25,325, Level: 23 Points: 25,325, Level: 23

Re: What proof do you want? And in turn, what proof do you have? - March 30th 2009, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereIsHope View Post
Why does an earthquake happen? Well, we all know that it happens because plates beneath the earth's surface shift. There, somewhere along the lines, is an initial cause that begins the whole process of an earthquake. Why is it that 'cause', whatever it may be (I don't know, I'm not a geologist), can't have a 'cause' behind it as well that we humans aren't fully able to comprehend. Why can't it be God to begin the cycle of things like that?

Science can explain a lot of things, but the science has to begin somewhere.

Edit- What if God doesn't want us to have any proof of his existence because of the fact that he wants Christianity to be solely based on faith. I'm sure that if there is a god, he's going to know pretty well how to cover all of his tracks. If he doesn't want humans to have scientific evidence that he exists, trust me, they're not going to.
Friction for the most part, like when you rub your hands together and one suddenly lurches. Science starts with an event we don't know about and comes up with a theory which is tested and adapted until it's perfect. Or completely by chance.

The bit you edited seems mightily convenient You can't cite faith as an excuse.