View Single Post
  (#77 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: What proof do you want? And in turn, what proof do you have? - March 30th 2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
You're ignoring my point on technicalities. So, forget Santa. If someone said they believed there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow but nobody can find them because they don't want to be found, what would you say?
I would say that's ridiculous. A pot of gold doesn't want to be found? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
Yes, but WHY is faith so important? WHY does god want you to have faith? And would you believe me if I said I have 5 heads? You aren't answering any of my questions.
Faith is so important because if God just pops out and says, "I exist. Everyone believe in me now, okay?", the person's love and trust for him will be minimized to simply, "Well, it's been proven that God exists, so I guess I'll believe in him so I can go to heaven." Quality, not quantity. Just because him showing himself real will bring more believers doesn't mean that it will bring more devoted beilevers.

The argument of why, if there is a god, he doesn't just show himself and whether or not you have five heads don't exactly compare. If you had five heads, you'd have proof, and would be able to show me a picture if you wanted, but a picture of you with five heads isn't going to determine my eternity, so I'm not all that worried about that.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student