View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Girlfriend is depressed. - December 31st 2012, 09:26 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this. I know how depressing it can be to see someone else going through something like this and not being able to help them.

It's good that you aren't forcing her to talk. She'll remember that loyalty. I really think the best thing to do is to let her know that if she ever needs to talk you are always there for her. Maybe every couple days call/text/go see her and see how she is feeling, maybe bring her lunch or breakfast?

Some depressed people react and feel different so I don't know about your girlfriend, but to me, I like being surprised with the person I really care about whenever I'm depressed. Like not a "can I come over and hang out?", more of a random knock on the door and a hug. That can do so much for someone. Me anyway. It'll show that you care. Try and remind her how beautiful she is. Compliment her on things.

And during this, remember to take care of yourself as well. You can't help her if you don't help yourself. I really hope your girlfriend feels better and if you ever feel stressed or alone over this you can always talk to me. I have a bit of experience with things like this. Someone I know being depressed I mean. I know sometimes you just need to get it out somewhere.

Good luck to you and your girlfriend. Remind her how special she is. Stay strong <3

~ Christabel