View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Lumberjack Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,533, Level: 12 Points: 7,533, Level: 12 Points: 7,533, Level: 12

Making my relationship with my girlfriend more healthy. - January 5th 2013, 08:30 AM

I've been with my girlfriend for a year and just about 5 months and it's been amazing but things are becoming stale. I still love her and she loves me but we're both 19 and things are slowly getting more stale.

We both live at my parents' house to be able to save for after we get out of college and we are with each other so often that we seem to always be stuck in a routine. We also get frustrated and even mad at each other because we definitely need our own space sometimes but that space doesn't come easily.

After being at my parents' house for months it's been slowly becoming more stale because we can't just decide to go out shopping once a week anymore...our "special" days to BREAK the routine are now PART of it!

I always used to come up with good ideas to help our relationship flow but it feels like we've done everything there is to do with each other. Lately our big spice of life has been to find new TV shows and watch them together...it's sad really.

The big positive spin on this though is that whenever she goes home to visit her mom, we get along perfectly. There's no fighting, no routine, we both get some time to be alone, we txt each other what we're up to now and then and we both really miss each other and just want to be together again. It's not like we could just be friends and then hang out now and again. We are together too much but then as soon as we get a few days of a break from each other...it starts getting really apparent how much we love having each other in our lives and then she comes back to my house and it's perfect for a week or two again. That right there shows me that we do love each other.

I'm basically just asking for some suggestions on how to revive my relationship with my girlfriend because I feel like there has to be something i'm missing! lol.

Thanks in advance