Thread: Triggering (SH): Internet addiction and self harm.
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
WhisperingSilence Offline
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

Internet addiction and self harm. - January 13th 2013, 08:26 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay I need honest opinions here.

My dad seems to think I have an internet addiction because all I do at home is go on the internet. I can do other things such as see friends which I do once maybe twice a week , I also have a job part time two days a week, and I also go to karate once a week in the winter, twice a week in the spring and summer. And It's not like I spend every day all day on-line as I will go out for a walk to the shops and can still do other things. I still manage to get my paperwork for work done, and I do manage to keep my room somewhat tidy. But the internet is a distraction for me, if I'm on line I'm less likely to cut myself or burn myself. But if I'm somewhere where I cannot access the internet, I am more likely to self harm. As soon as I get home I go on-line.

Am I addicted ?

I've had counselling and both my counsellors have told me to use the internet less and I guess in some ways I do use it less.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.