View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: The police said it wasnt rape. - January 25th 2013, 12:57 AM

You are from a different area than myself, Scotland and I am from the USA, I am not sure if that makes a difference.

I am not sure how the incident in October is not considered rape unless I am not understanding it correctly? You told him no when you were having the interactions with him, correct? You didn't give him consent so I am not sure how that is not considered rape. You might want to ask for a better clarification or something along those lines.

One thing to consider is that usually the officers that take your statement are different then the officers that investigate (Might be different where you are). I reported my abuse to an officer and it was investigated by a detective and the first report was a lot more condensed than I recalled and there were a few things in there that weren't completely accurate. Talking to the detective I got to elaborate on the account and clarify certain aspects that the officer did not get. So right now they might be saying the October incident is not rape but after you give a more detailed account it might change.

Do not take the officers response to this personally, okay? They should treat you with respect and take what you have to say seriously. I have no idea why they are not treating you that way but you need to try and remind yourself that you are very strong for coming forward. No matter what their response there are a lot of victims who do not report their abuse. You are brave.

I hope this helped in some way and if you need anything please feel free to VM/PM me.