View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Gingerbread Latte Offline
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

I have a shopping addiction. - February 10th 2013, 02:40 PM

I've always liked going shopping but back when I was living at home I didn't have any bills to worry about or rent to pay so I could freely spend my money on whatever I wanted.

Now though I live on my own and I'm buying so many things I can't afford and that I don't need that I'm struggling to pay my bills and my rent. I'm having to ask my parents to give me money so that I can pay for these.

It started out as a coping mechanism to deal with self harm urges. When I felt the need to self harm I would get out of the house and browse the shops. Now I'm going shopping almost everyday and frequently shop online when the shops are closed. I do it when I'm bored, when I'm feeling down and mostly I have an online shopping website open whenever I'm on the internet.

I am trying to limit what I spend but it's really hard. I know I need to do something soon though before I get myself into uncontrollable debt. The debt I'm currently in is manageable and kind of expected for a university student but I'm tempted to just get more and more credit cards so that I can satisfy this addiction.

Help?
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.