Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: I have a shopping addiction. - February 10th 2013, 09:23 PM

Hey there!

I totally get where you're coming from with the shopping thing. Back before I went to school and was on my own financially, I didn't pay much attention to how much I was spending. I just went with it, since I didn't really have to worry. One of the things that has really helped me is budgeting. You have a rough idea of how much you owe when the bills come in, right? Start breaking that money up into sections. Write down how much you need monthly for bills, food, utilities, etc. Put that money in the bank and don't touch it until it's time to pay for those specific things. Take whatever money isn't needed for bills out of the bank and put the cash in your wallet. That's your spending money for the month, so use it wisely.

Ultimately, it just takes discipline. The first couple months of serious budgeting is tough, since it is easy to just slide the card through anyways. But, you have to find a way to maintain self-control. Whether it's by asking someone to help hold you accountable or paying the bills as soon as they come in, try to refrain from using the money not specifically designated for spending. Trust me, it gets easier with time.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.