View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
m_nice Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Charles

Points: 6,862, Level: 12 Points: 6,862, Level: 12 Points: 6,862, Level: 12

Re: Can't stop eating after beating my eating disorder - February 16th 2013, 01:03 PM

Firstly congratulations, even as a guy I know what it means to focus on weight, so good job. I would have to agree with laura and say that your body may be experiencing this extreme hunger, instead of starving yourself as a means to compensate, a suggested and this has no medical bearing AT ALL so keep that in mind. I would suggest keep eating normal meals, right down your meals and attempt to stick to three a day. Your body probably is using all of this extra food in an attempt to counteract the starvation. Instead of starving, and i know how it is to try to control binging [it's not simple]. Try to workout and then eat, running 30 min or lifting weights, keep eating though, even if it leads to a binge, if it is after a workout your body will use all this extra energy for muscle repair and growth. As you workout this will probably have 2 effects, 1 your hunger and body may adjust faster to a more normalized place, your starving should stop [we can't starve and workout or we'd pass out], you should get a nice feeling from the workouts when you finish and your body will most likely respond by becoming happier healthier and stronger. This is my approach for attempting to resolve my own issues, maybe i'm wrong but it's a suggestion to help you through this binging period that may also lead to something even more positive. Don't think of it as a means to lose weight, think of it as a means to grow stronger, measure yourself by what you could do yesterday. Cheers and best wishes.