TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Loneliness (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/)
-   -   Feeling empty and lonely. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/t151147-feeling-empty-lonely/)

Fanatic April 30th 2017 10:10 AM

Feeling empty and lonely.

Why is it that I can't enjoy my summer breaks without feeling depressed and lonely? Facebook and other social media make me feel worse, since people have the nerve of unfriending you or unfollowing you for no reason. It's like wow, didn't notice you were a fuckin prick all along. Makes me want to quit facebook and social media all together. It just seems the only person in the end you can trust is yourself and no one is worth being close to, because they'll just abandon you in the end. You can't even rely on others when you are sad or lonely, because all they do is make you feel worse. And when you really need them, they aren't present. No wonder why so many people commit suicide, because people are too busy with their own personal lives to give a shit. It happens too much, it hurts. I wish my real friends were close to me, because they live in another state. They seem to be the only people to give a shit and care for me. Other people I've tried friending have all failed, so it feels very lonely when I'm not with them. Always this happens where I become more suicidal and tend to hurt myself more when I'm isolated or away from them. I just don't know how to cope without them or without anyone real, caring, and trustworthy around me. Honestly, I've tried TV and school as a distraction and a purpose, but TV doesn't seem to be working these days. School is out for the year, so that's not forever gone but it will be next year. I certainly want to keep going, but it feels super hard with dealing with this loneliness and these mood swings/depressive moods.

Green Yoshi April 30th 2017 04:38 PM

Re: Feeling empty and lonely.

:hug: I'm here and I do think that you can rely on others. Some people might leave, but some won't ever leave, okay? :hug: I also think that I really like the way you give your all when it comes to friendships because its a fact that friendships are like a jewel that shouldn't ever be broken, because it is just too precious. :hug:

I'm here if you wanna rant, and I know that you deserve people who care about you and love you just the way you want to be loved. :hug:

8024Valerie May 1st 2017 02:16 AM

Re: Feeling empty and lonely.

Hi.
I've been there before, and I know how you're feeling right now. As Green Yoshi said, friendships are like a jewel that should never be broken; for me, I think that friendship should be a diamond, which can't be broken.
People or "friends" who aren't there when you really need them aren't friends, and don't think about them too much! A person doesn't need too many friends. I understand how depressing it is when you and people who care about you don't live together, but you can try to keep in touch with social media more often.��
Have you talked to your family about this? Family will never turn its back on you, and elders may give you some useful advice on how to get through this period.
Finally, you can find a new interest to distract yourself and just have fun sometimes. Whether it's passive or active, just relax and have fun.
Green Yoshi said that "It's called a tunnel 'cause there's always a light at the end". I'm sure you'll find the light.☺