TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Depression and Suicide (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/)
-   -   Everything always goes wrong. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t161799-everything-always-goes-wrong/)

Soda_Voxel June 26th 2021 11:19 AM

Everything always goes wrong.

Sometimes it feels as though everything that can possibly go bad is going bad.

My life is boring, stressful, irritating, painful. Plans mess up, life goes awry, friends break up or turn sour, and even trivial things go wrong, like a thing to watch I was looking forward to, a game I'm playing screwing up, an app not functioning, a drawing I'm making not going as well. It all just builds up on me after a while. I always think I'm having a good day and then I have a breakdown, something or another thing happens. It's very tiring. I just wish things would be fine. I wish I could be perfect, too.

Arabesque- golfing girl. June 26th 2021 01:30 PM

Re: Everything always goes wrong.

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with all of this right now and I hope that you will be okay soon.

I understand when you feel that everything is going wrong all at once and it is hard to be okay with this. It would be lovely if everything goes well and we would never have horrible things happen to us. No matter how old we are, we are always going to have something happen to us, we just have to make it through the best that we can.

When you are feeling like this, it is a good idea to try something to get you're mind off of this for a while so that you are not thinking about it and it is not upsetting you. Try going for a walk around you're house or grabbing a book to read for a while or baking cookies or brownies or putting on a funny movie or TV show or finding something else that you enjoy doing and hopefully it will help pick you up some. With friends and family, everyone will fight over something and it is something big or small and then all of you come back together, talk and have fun again. I hope that you will be okay soon.

Everglow. June 26th 2021 11:01 PM

I relate a lot to what you're saying here and I often feel very similar frustrations as things which would seem trivial to others. The fact is though, everyone has a threshold, and if you're already burnt out, frustrated and tried of bad hands being dealt to you, the small things are adding fuel to the fire. It's enough to tip you over the edge sometimes, and it can put a shadow over your whole day when that happens.

I'm really sorry you're feeling this way right now. You're allowed to feel like you've had enough sometimes and you're allowed to take some time away from stressful situations too, so if you're able to do that, I'd recommend some time for just you, where you can relax and do the things which make you feel happier for a while.

Please know you never need to be perfect. As humans, none of us are, although I know I've wished many times that I was too! You'll always be worse at some things than other people, and better at others, but flaws are what make us interesting. You're good enough exactly as you are.

If you ever want to talk you can message me any time. I hope you're holding up okay. :)

Rivière June 27th 2021 12:34 AM

I can definitely relate to your issues. Sometimes I have days where everything ends up going wrong. It's even worse when things start going wrong early in the day. I just end up writing the day off as a complete failure and sit there wondering what else is going to happen. I try to see the positive side of it by making sure to expect the fact that the rest of my day is going to have things going wrong, so there's no sense in me being cheerful or trying to have a good day. Just go with the flow. We all have really crap days, I assure you. :hug:

Dawn. June 27th 2021 04:44 AM

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear about what's happening to you right now. I hope everything is ok and I am more than happy to listen to you if you wish to talk. :hug: