TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Loneliness (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/)
-   -   Triggering: lonely how do you keep happy on your own? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/t48608-lonely-how-do-you-keep-happy-your-own/)

AmazonQueen July 4th 2010 10:12 AM

lonely how do you keep happy on your own?

i prefer to be alone lately i like my space though i enjoy my dads company, when he's not here im completely alone, though i enjoy the space i do ge lonely idont bother with my "friends" anymore they dont associate with me unless i make the first move its too much of a bothers its like im not worth it for them, they've never made the effort to make first contact with me and i've gotten tired of bending over backwards for them, im lonely but i like BEING alone i just dont like FEELING alone...confusing right? any suggestions? how can i keep myself busy

DarkSeph July 4th 2010 10:23 AM

Re: lonely how do you keep happy on your own?

Having good friends who are nice, share interests and are willing to talk always helps. Honestly when I feel lonely I end up coming online to talk to friends on TH. Sometimes when the only friends you have are being difficult, you might prefer being alone to avoid the hassle, but still wish you had company. Maybe try to find some people you really enjoy being with and spend time with them when you feel alone.

AmazonQueen July 4th 2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSeph (Post 421119)
Having good friends who are nice, share interests and are willing to talk always helps. Honestly when I feel lonely I end up coming online to talk to friends on TH. Sometimes when the only friends you have are being difficult, you might prefer being alone to avoid the hassle, but still wish you had company. Maybe try to find some people you really enjoy being with and spend time with them when you feel alone.

well i live in a small town and i try to do that but its like they dont have time for me im everyone's second choice :(, my only friend i feel welcome with lives in kansas and i live in canada...

kathryn July 4th 2010 01:33 PM

I feel the same way. Very often I'm the one they call because no one else is around. But, if I didn't atleast have that I'd have nothing.

I just go on the computer. Regardless of how stereotypical it may be atleast it keeps me occupied.. I read alot of news stories... I listen to podcasts so I don't feel so alone.

i agree with you that it's not so bad hanging out alone at home sometimes but I feel really alone in general. It's rough, but you're not the only one.

Ghost On The Highway July 5th 2010 04:12 AM

I don't think it's confusing at all -- I too enjoy being alone, but I definitely hate feeling alone. For me, it's a distinction between "solitude" (good) and "loneliness" (not so much...). I identify solitude as the times when I choose to be alone. For example, I enjoy hiking solo and being alone in nature. I also prefer to have the option to keep to myself late at night (as in, NOT living in a dorm room with a roommate) I feel lonely when I'm forced to be alone, when no other option exists, eg. having no friends in town to hang out with over the weekend, transferring to a new school where I don't know anyone.