TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Harm (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: cutting (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t107145-cutting/)

E1841 July 28th 2012 11:10 PM

cutting

hey umm well i been cutting myself for a while now and i stoped for about 3 month and now i want to do it again because my mom me and her been having so much problems and i just want to. what should i do.

Katelina July 28th 2012 11:22 PM

Re: cutting

I know I'm new here but personally from experience I think you should try talkin to her. Sit her down and warn her that some things you say next might annoy her. But that you just need her to listen and that ya need to get some things off your chest. Wait a good minute and let her ponder. Then continue with what you need to say. Talkin to the person that gets your nerves up helps for most.

About the cuttin; when I was cuttin it didn't do much but left some nasty scars. I had to find another way to release stress, I'd go on mile runs and lots of physical activity. Painted, sang, read anythin to get my mind off of what's gettin me mad. Do one of your hobbies when ya get that urge to cut. Try listenin to music and go for a run. If those don't work put hand sanitizer on the area of your cuts. The water based chemical will sink into the parts of your skin that rehealed but left a hardly noticeable indent on your skin. The water will make the faded scars to show up. It's like when it rains the water flows to the trenches due to gravity. The water will do the same to your skin. Just make sure its at level and then look at the white marks that will appear. Make them remind you of the pain that you caused yourself doin that.

Palmolive July 28th 2012 11:30 PM

Hi there,

Firstly, going three months self harm free is amazing and you should be really proud of yourself. I know overcoming self harm can be really hard and you have honestly done really well.

I dont know what the problems with you are your mum are but if you want to talk to us about them, know that you are more than welcome to do so. We're willing to listen and we will try our best to help and support you through anything as best as we can do. I think if you're having problems with your mum, you need to both sit down and try and talk about them and solve them.

As for the self harm, you can look in here for some alternatives to self harm. Not everything is going to help you so its all about trial and error and finding what helps you best. Just remember that in the long run self harm is not going to help with anything. But in it could make your situation a lot worse.

Jessie

Laylijoon August 9th 2012 03:29 AM

The most important thing is to find something else that helps you relieve the emotions that are causing you to feel the way that you do. For me, I found that painting and keeping a dedicated journal helped me cope. You should talk to your mom about how you feel though, and maybe if it helps, have a mediator or a neutral family friend sit in to keep things civil. Tell her how you feel, but only if you're comfortable with it.