TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Harm (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/)
-   -   Self harm free Q & A (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t158727-self-harm-free-q/)

DeletedAccount69 April 11th 2019 04:46 AM

Self harm free Q & A

August will be three years self harm free for me. I was thinking of writing an article that's basically questions and answers. People or someone can ask me some questions about recovery and I could answer them openly/honestly. It might be a good way to provide insight into recovery.

hocus pocus April 11th 2019 10:17 PM

Re: Self harm free Q & A

That sounds like a great idea for people wanting to recover from self-harm. How many questions are you thinking we should ask? Maybe I can think of some and some others can think of more and we can combine them.

DeletedAccount69 April 11th 2019 11:20 PM

I'll answer and all questions. I haven't come up with a solid number on how many we should have. We should probably try and have a minimum of 5.

One question I was thinking of using is 'What made you decide to recover?'

DeletedAccount63 April 12th 2019 05:34 PM

One question I can think of is: when you say SH free do you mean every self-harm method or just one?

The reason I ask this. Is because I will be 2 years cut free in may but not completely sh free.

DeletedAccount40 April 13th 2019 09:18 PM

I think it's a great idea to write an article on your recovery and how far you have come since last SHing. I do have a question in mind, but would rather take my time composing a list if that is ok with you. :)

DeletedAccount69 April 13th 2019 09:27 PM

I'd be happy for any and all questions. You can take your time coming up with them.

hocus pocus April 14th 2019 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh, Bother (Post 1340328)
One question I can think of is: when you say SH free do you mean every self-harm method or just one?

The reason I ask this. Is because I will be 2 years cut free in may but not completely sh free.

I think that's a good question to ask. I used to be one type of SH free but not another as well. Using that question in the article could be eye opening to our readers.

Something I wanted to add on to "When did you decide to recover?" would be whether or not there was a certain defining moment or event that contributed to your decision.

DeletedAccount69 April 14th 2019 04:32 AM

I am just compiling some of the questions:

When you say self harm free do you mean every method or just one?
When did you decide to recover?
Was there a defining moment or event that contributed to you decision to recover?
What are some of the things that helped you to recover?
Do you still hang on to your self harm tools or was getting rid of them part of your recovery?

I had more I wanted to add but forgot to write them down. The last two are some I came up with.

WhisperingSilence April 15th 2019 09:31 PM

Just an idea but what about having a question along the lines of ‘what to do when your distractions etc are not working ?’

hocus pocus April 19th 2019 12:47 PM

I do like the question about distractions not working too. Maybe you could include that with "What do you to do get past self-harm urges?"

DeletedAccount69 April 25th 2019 01:28 AM

A question I thought of "How did you learn to let go of the desire to feel pain" I think a lot of people who recover struggle with their desire to feel pain. I can mention alternatives here but there was more to it for me so I would be open to sharing. We can also change the question around if someone has a better way of stating it.

DeletedAccount69 April 27th 2019 05:23 AM

I am going to attempt to write this in the next few weeks. I have a busy few weeks coming up but I am hoping to get this written by the end of May.

If anyone has any other questions I am opening to answering pretty much anything.

DeletedAccount69 June 6th 2019 02:12 AM

This is going to be my project for the month of June. I'll try and get it up in the next few weeks and then maybe we could get it published for July or August. :)