TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Harm (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/)
-   -   Even cutting doesn't help... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t80841-even-cutting-doesnt-help/)

PlayingPretend August 3rd 2011 06:45 AM

Even cutting doesn't help...

Have you ever hit the point where even cutting (or SH/I in general) doesn't help?

Want to note, too, that I only recently relapsed after I would estimate a couple months' worth of being SH-free. I am in recovery, I simply had a relapse tonight and the other night... and neither of them helped. Even with months in between relapses, in the past, it's still helped on some level or to some degree. And one would think that this is a good thing, it not helping, but all it really makes me want to do is cut until it does.

Have you ever hit this point where it doesn't help?

Darrenboy! August 3rd 2011 06:52 AM

Re: Even cutting doesn't help...

please dont hurt yourself.

elliote you're a wonderful gurl with a wonderful name. :) please dont hurt yourself . no doing anything that will hurt yourself. You're a wonderful girl that deserves better. you're wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

and i've gone through worse than that. i've tried killing myself before and failed. and you know, things can get better. Please go out there, and maybe get involved in more stuff that will make you feel happy..

the true cure to this situation is smiles, warmth and lots of happiness. Lots of it :)

:hug: stay strong! we all love you :hug:

PlayingPretend August 3rd 2011 06:59 AM

I don't mean to come across as rude by any means of the word, but you have no idea what I've been through or the things that I have done or seen, so I'd appreciate you not tell me you've gone through worse than that.

That said, I do appreciate you taking the time to post. I do know things can get better. Things have for me in a lot of ways. I'm simply feeling extremely exhausted of everything lately. >-< And when I tend to be at my most overwhelmed is oftentimes when I have a hard time not giving in to the SH urges; I'm pretty good otherwise.

I think I just need to find a suitable alternative, but one that's reliable and works for me... What do you do when you start feeling insanely overwhelmed?

Darrenboy! August 3rd 2011 07:01 AM

im sorry . :( but when i get insanely overwhelmed.. i read a book, and i just try to relax. granted i'll feel bad doing it. but i try to cope . please remember that things can get better, and always hold on to hope strongly.

PlayingPretend August 3rd 2011 07:05 AM

It's okay -hug- I think I'm just a little touchy at the moment. A book would be good... I know I have a book I recently re-started (I guess I lost it when I was right near the ending, lol, found it, months later, so am re-reading it from the beginning) so maybe I'll go read that.

Darrenboy! August 3rd 2011 07:06 AM

you should. and while you're reading it.. please smile? cause your smile is wonderful :)

if you ever feel down, remember you can talk to us :D