TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Harm (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/)
-   -   Triggering (SH): Cutting (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t95610-cutting/)

Phantom5876 February 22nd 2012 03:38 AM

Cutting

This was my first encounter with it. The feeling I felt was not at all like I expected. I know it's bad, but it felt good. It won't shun me. I know I can rely on it in the future.
I know I shouldn't be thinking this stuff, but I am... What has happened to me?

lauri February 22nd 2012 03:55 AM

Re: Cutting

It is addictive cutting thats why you should never do it in the first place. Instead of cutting you can put ice where you want to cut instead or rip a band aide off your body on and off a couple times that really hurts. Also you can draw fake cuts on your arm with red marker instead of cutting. Draw how you feel instead. Scream in a pillow. Punch a pillow. Take a cold or hot bath. Go for a run.

I remeber the day I first cut 15 I regret it every day I wish I never did it in the first place. If I could go back and not do it I would. I really regret the first day I cut. Im 19 now and still do it and cant believe Ill be 20 soon and still doing it. You might think because I did that it wont last long BUT IT WILL. So please STOPP NOW THE CUTTING STOP BEFORE ITS TOOO LATE IM SERIOUS. Its addictive STOP NOW before you get in a rut where you cant stop. ITs your first cut so it will be really easy to just stop now completly never doing it again. Try what I said above instead of cutting. If you started cutting because something is bothering you then instead of cutting talk about what is bothering you, Tell your parents whats bothering you dont keep it inside tell us whats bothering you. Hope that helped feel better. :hug:

Philomath February 22nd 2012 04:18 AM

Hi,

Welcome to TeenHelp.
I definitely agree with Lauri, I strongly suggest you do not continue cutting.
As she said, it is very, very, very addictive and it doesn't take much to reach the point where you want it more and more kind of like a drug addiction.
It gets to the point where, you tell yourself "I'll only do it just this last time" and then find yourself saying "I really need it" and then the frequency increases and the lieing to cover up why you have scars and wear long sleeves or pants...
It is a hard to get out of cycle and please do not let yourself get caught up in it.
Everyone here on TH will be here to support you with whatever it is you are feeling and going through.
There are many safer ways to deal with your feelings, such as those Lauri listed, you can find a great list here.
They are very useful for me and many other people. Some will work for you and others won't, it is all about finding what helps and what just doesn't help, you most likely will find something to distract you though.
If you need someone to talk to, you can use LiveHelp., HelpLink.or contact a hotline.
Try talking to your parents, a counselor, teacher or any other adult you trust.
You can definitely find others to help you and safer ways to deal with things before you get yourself in to something very dangerous.
I really hope this helps and you can send me a message if you ever need anything.
Take care.

BlaineG. February 22nd 2012 12:44 PM

Hello,

I know how you feel when I started cutting that's exactly how I felt. Its not good to rely on cutting. Please know that you can always message me here on TeenHelp or you can email me my email is under my name to the left.

I really hope that you are okay.

Stay Safe!