TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Harm (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/)
-   -   My boyfriend is cutting! :( (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t96711-my-boyfriend-cutting/)

NyanNyan March 8th 2012 06:01 AM

My boyfriend is cutting! :(

Today my boyfriend told me he cut himself with an exacto knife on purpose. I asked him why and he says its because everyone hates him. Being a former self harm-er and recovered anorexic, I went through the same thing and I know exactly how he feels. I want to stop him because I know that if he cuts too deep or commits suicide it's going to worry me to death and I'm about to actually have a relapse... The sad thing is that everyone actually DOES hate him. Except me. And it's awful because nobody even has reasons to hate him they just do! If anything, I have reasons to hate him after he cheated on me, but one bad thing doesn't mean he's a bad person and he deserves the second chance especially with the sweet apology he gave me. I told him to stop cutting because it's just going to hurt him and it won't change anyone's feelings and he's going to make me really worried... He responded with "ok :) I love you" and I have no idea if that means he's considering stopping or if he just wants me to stop worrying! >.< anyways, I really want to know how I can make sure nothing happens to him because I care for him so much and I want him to stay strong.

Silently_Screaming March 8th 2012 07:16 PM

Re: My boyfriend is cutting! :(

Hello NyanNyan,
(Btw nice username) I have gone through this same thing as you. however I am no longer with this person. But when My boyfriend told me he cut he said it was because no on likes him and same as you I knew it was true. He was really a sweet boy and people just judged him because he was different. I told him that when ever he feels like cutting to text me or call me. No matter I told him I would be there for him.
I feel like such a hypocrite now because I self harm.
I think you should tell him how much you love him and that nobody is more lucky to have him as a boyfriend. That he is one of a kind and no one can replace this beautiful person he is. But, no matter what during this time don't ignore him or stop talking to him. It might make it worse and he might become very suicidal. Help him get through this like I helped mine.

However, he hasn't helped me.

Be strong and he should soon try and be strong with you.

PM anytime.

kirstenyo March 9th 2012 09:24 PM

Re: My boyfriend is cutting! :(

All you can really do is be there for him, let him know you are there and you don't hate him. You could even share how you have overcome it and maybe inspire him. This will always get better.

<3 good luck & be strong.